注册
查看: 1416|回复: 2

新法案应该是通过了,涨价 notice 要求提前 180 天

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(14)
发表于 2007-6-1 21:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Questions and Answers. u( t2 m2 L' x6 V& v

$ P8 G$ \* F( M, U9 `  _How often can a landlord raise my rent now that the law has changed? 6 s! d: u; t( s7 t! c
Are landlords be limited in how much they can raise the rent now that the law has changed?
; b. C; p2 E/ s: p, g% }  sIf a landlord gave a rent increase notice to take effect after April 24, is the notice valid? ; ^( f; i7 S$ R) s  ]& l$ f
What happens if a landlord tries to raise the rent before a year has passed since the last increase?
2 q/ L4 G  Y! g. l8 @/ ]How much notice must my landlord provide before rent is increased for my apartment? & E# h! S1 H: a, M' Q( H1 r
How much notice must my landlord provide before they increase the rent on my mobile home site? - g5 u& U( l- @9 Z
When can rent be increased for fixed-term tenants (such as those with a lease agreement for a specific number of months or years)? / ?# ]. K9 O( ^5 f% F3 a
How much notice is required before landlords convert a rental unit to a condominium? 8 I* g  H, u1 R6 B' ~1 ]) v6 F
How much notice is required before landlords can end a periodic tenancy to undertake major renovations?
. P: U9 m2 M1 G8 h! e, [: o# I1 BHow can I learn more about landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities? 3 z8 e4 K6 y- y# R# ^
Other online resources ) J7 Y. Q% |: E1 X
How often can a landlord raise my rent now that the law has changed?) ~' Y* y- a. U$ S: y* [. {0 P
Rent increases are limited to once per year.
4 ]  J- [# s3 p# Q! p5 H! |
! z* J0 l+ k. s  b$ _7 V* _Will landlords be limited in how much they can raise the rent now that the law is changing?) y6 S( d: j; B' a0 _
No. The legislation does not include any rental caps.' T" D. W' U, g( E5 V* K0 Q  ~+ I
) K* b" `/ j$ R- X2 R0 o- t
When do the new rules for increasing rent take effect?* ^! g: M8 e! ^. O; P2 j# ^
As of April 24, 2007, landlords can only raise rent once a year.: h( p% X: v: n# G7 J9 R# ?6 d
0 h4 b& ^; Y" T2 W/ h. ?% O% h( Q
If a landlord gave a rent increase notice to take effect after April 24, is the notice valid?7 @" v" e' b. ?! Y
The rent will increase as per the notice if the tenant continues to rent the premises and as long as there has not been an increase within the previous 365 days or the start of the tenancy, whichever is later. If the rent was increased within the past year, rent cannot be increased again until a year after that increase became effective. At least three months’ written notice must be given to a tenant to increase the rent for a periodic tenancy.& h7 {6 @% k+ ^  c7 T0 F

! _: j9 p9 n- w/ _( P$ i, w3 `What happens if a landlord tries to raise the rent before a year has passed since the last increase?
  S+ T% e$ P' V7 o! G7 }; f$ bEffective April 24, 2007, rents cannot be increased unless 365 days pass since the last rent increase or the start of the tenancy, whichever is later. The Residential Tenancies Act allows tenants to apply to court for remedies for damages, rent abatement, compensation or termination of the tenancy. 2 @% ~2 H' P9 n! ?
% p1 T% O$ l; _( W( {
The landlord could face fines of up to $10,000 per tenant. Call Service Alberta's Contact Centre toll free at 1 (877) 427 4088 or a local Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board if you are unsure whether or not a rent increase is allowed.% t& \8 v1 a9 n% m9 r( D

( W6 R4 a8 |; D; T( h4 HHow much notice must my landlord provide before rent is increased for my apartment?6 j1 E/ Y! V2 [$ [( `2 f$ G
At least 180 days written notice for periodic (month-to-month) tenancies.
+ |( {" n7 N0 J& s
8 R% H0 B! f5 c5 `" E& ~How much notice must my landlord provide before they increase the rent on my mobile home site?
; d* {9 o5 z, P" Y5 ~6 jAt least 180 days (six months’) notice for periodic (month-to-month) tenancies.3 S( i0 m: S! D5 Z

2 i; K: b2 W/ Z. `7 \& PWhen can rent be increased for fixed-term tenants (such as those with a lease agreement for a specific number of months or years)?
: p4 G: R2 s/ t( @The landlord and tenant agree to the amount of rent when they negotiate the terms of the fixed term tenancy agreement. Rent cannot be increased unless 365 days pass since a tenant moved in or since the last rent increase, whichever is later. If the 365th day is during the current fixed term tenancy agreement, rent cannot be increased until that tenancy agreement ends.
' n. F% Z  D" ]& ?0 g
" d) I% i9 q* f! I* IHow much notice is required before landlords convert a rental unit to a condominium?
6 l/ x) R" a& Q; F' l& I; a: j# UPeriodic tenants have to be given a full year’s notice to end the tenancy and rent cannot be increased during the year.
3 H, E5 x2 F0 `% R) p& h, x, ~" E, i7 x4 l2 }  Y$ f, B4 g
How much notice is required before landlords can end a periodic tenancy to undertake major renovations (that require the premises to be vacant)?3 ~3 @. H. O! X4 R% U
Periodic tenants have to be given a full year’s notice to end the tenancy and rent cannot be increased during the year." R7 ~; o. y5 M

' }2 \' i' {7 P+ PHow can I learn more about landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities?6 x/ _. R5 P" E+ F, o( S* h
Service Alberta has tipsheets for landlords and tenants and mobile home sites in Alberta.7 R5 b+ F$ m3 R2 O0 t- D1 ~
" C  i, L" D4 T& l# t& R! n
[ 本帖最后由 zgren1972 于 2007-6-1 22:56 编辑 ]
老柳教车
鲜花(5) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-6-1 21:58 | 显示全部楼层
这么多英文。。。看着晕
鲜花(42) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-6-1 23:36 | 显示全部楼层
是啊,看标题就好了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-5 09:45 , Processed in 0.160118 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.