[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-8 22:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Follow Your Dream9 m5 z* {: E" f# |( _
! ]& B) e  s% u; S* T6 h
3 T7 H* a5 k, s2 @1 z* z
7 L9 I( b. h$ k+ X! j! f
I have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro. 1 x% V  E3 f  B: L( W) V3 _
He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money 9 V9 R1 m$ r+ M
for youth at risk programs.
6 e1 w" H) M% {: m. }3 O, Y" t
; r1 w+ f; n# l. m; S; R& yThe last time I was there he introduced me by saying, 'I want to tell you ! s8 H  n0 j" J) |
why I let Jack use my house. It all goes back to a story about a young 5 E. P7 Y8 X, q! G' S4 L
man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable
. ^1 {4 H' S3 Ito stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training
. q. w% q7 c; s% b. z' l- vhorses. As a result, the boy's high school career was continually interrupted.
4 g& w# L7 `6 `$ J3 x# n: ~When he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted
: `  }/ K$ u) z. K( I) U, ]to be and do when he grew up.
0 `6 n. W7 n) w3 r! G: |8 @) W+ u9 C# K1 q: A! V. p
'That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday
/ e. y* R7 g0 r. {8 ?$ Lowning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even
7 b& F" k. y) O* n5 O% [drew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings, 9 n, U3 `0 G9 m3 p* ^, `6 ]( k
the stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot
) a7 K" m( j+ B! j% Rhouse that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch.
0 p  J+ }# r$ _" }! }5 u  y
5 j8 ~/ l4 U7 I'He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he
+ l) m- I$ P& R' w: Hhanded it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back.
2 h: {  l  t- E1 |7 c  `, }On the front page was a large red F with a note that read, `See me after ( z0 z* _5 h" o. I3 Z
class.'
3 ^  ]) a( T+ z/ L* \
9 w# u3 D1 g- b'The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked, ( V; f0 D5 m. o! W, ^; n
`Why did I receive an F?'
2 x" N1 X8 [* q
( f8 v7 M  V4 m# M6 ?'The teacher said, `This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you.
3 x2 L' t# `3 qYou have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources.   v7 f0 x6 ~  N: Q9 ?
Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land.
" H1 l, f3 M; e$ s1 q" Y7 {& f/ ?You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you'll have to
) ~1 Y! q9 m& X4 ]9 g- l8 xpay large stud fees. There's no way you could ever do it.’ Then the teacher 6 |. H3 N& q* B* G/ d
added, `If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will 9 a0 f9 O3 ~/ v& Z5 M/ `
reconsider your grade.’
* u, b+ C1 k5 Q1 J7 a, T4 C0 R! @9 m' f9 k
'The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father - a0 d3 X7 }3 W% t
what he should do. His father said, `Look, son, you have to make up your
. _+ D4 z9 @& Eown mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for
( n8 H7 d! E$ L2 Jyou.’
. v- X+ ^9 p0 ~" z$ P( k
% ]1 u0 B8 [2 q& A& n) b'Finally, after sitting with it for a week, the boy turned in the same
' b" w* B0 I4 A. Wpaper, making no changes at all. He stated, `You can keep the F and I'll
7 M' q3 ?9 K% Ykeep my dream.''
4 B% J$ P; k- {9 Q! |( K% y
) H# e) e3 |- v9 ], {$ dMonty then turned to the assembled group and said, 'I tell you this story
( R- O3 V/ @# X8 Y5 q0 Ebecause you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of
" a+ c5 B6 u/ |) U% s8 imy 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the & o% O4 b8 a& t4 K6 S3 ?+ C5 }
fireplace.' He added, 'The best part of the story is that two summers ago
- o7 y- Y% Z9 ]4 ^9 Dthat same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week.' : V! a0 ^/ n% |8 m! R
When the teacher was leaving, he said, `Look, Monty, I can tell you this
5 }% \9 b; |* P7 c/ x* I" R. T0 rnow. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During ! z' a) v" _, o1 y
those years I stole a lot of kids’ dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption 6 J( X0 C! I" I( X% f+ h9 G
not to give up on yours.’'
% j: H9 @$ s. [; x" ], |8 ?5 A2 Q6 l
Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-10 12:40 | 显示全部楼层

啧啧,真是理想主义者

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
Fine
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-14 08:22 , Processed in 0.102662 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On, APC On.