找回密码
 注册
查看: 1878|回复: 1

Canadian man found beaten to death on beach at Mexican resort

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2015-3-20 09:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Mexico again? If you go, remember to bring a gun.
- p( Y: e, e+ U4 {, \. i  E$ D6 @0 Y3 V) ]( j
A 50-year-old Canadian tourist is the latest victim of violence in Mexico.
9 [; ?; F$ S* s. l& o
; R9 m( z; Z  C" SThe body of Marty Gary Atwood was found at a secluded beach at the southernmost tip of Baja California Wednesday, Mexican state prosecutors said.7 R! Y( u5 e0 N- F/ _' T9 u6 ~
# V" i5 q% B1 b' M% o
The man, who reportedly had family in Cape Sable Island, N.S.,  had a fractured skull and appeared to have been beaten to death with a blunt object. He was on vacation from his job in Alberta.
5 l6 j0 R7 o( u0 S5 U, Z9 E* j
# J" I6 g' N2 q- [3 g7 f4 p. CThe body was found on El Tule beach between resort towns San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas.
/ G8 @0 X( R' x& S" w“It’s one of the quieter places,” said Walter McKay, a security consultant who specializes in Mexico. Baja California is not a hotbed of organized crime and other criminal activity.
' {1 e- T2 _9 ]6 J# f6 E: Z3 P" y1 F5 U
“There are a lot of [drug] cartel bosses and their lieutenants and such who live there because it’s a nice vacation spo. It’s like a neighbourhood that has a Hells Angels clubhouse in it. Crime is low because everyone is scared of retaliation.”
* A# J$ P7 A+ X- Q" u" d
/ H' k4 T: `. E, _5 r3 H5 rOther provinces, especially near the U.S.-Mexico border have been reduced to virtual no-go zones thanks to drug wars and poor security.
* M  \% B) X. W9 c# q  m" l2 o( H) C/ _) s3 B' f! D
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada advises against all travel to northern provinces.7 `) E) Q; B& ^: G/ X
) V- `  M  Y1 y( W& U# N
Mr. McKay said Mr. Atwood’s death bore all the hallmarks of a robbery.4 W% _6 N" _6 u4 y6 Z* ?
; r0 B7 _; t8 G& m+ k
“Bad things do happen once in a while to people. Overall, Baja California is not a dangerous place to go,” he said. Still, he advised visitors to be alert and cautious.' l, a* }% o7 @& q% R* C
8 b: d  a( H) B" G& u' M- m
“The problem with the Mexico situation is that you can’t trust the police or the prosecutors. The Mexican government is heavily invested in tourism, so they do not release details that might impact negatively on their trade.”' y1 R% y# O4 I! \# l2 D
) X8 m- `: [! `
National Post, with files from The Canadian Press
鲜花(77) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2015-3-21 01:30 | 显示全部楼层
never been there before. Won't be there in the future. That is it.
大型搬家
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-29 03:46 , Processed in 0.085394 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.