楼主: Tauras

[求职信息] 提供写/改简历和COVER LETTER

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-9-3 22:24 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
This is a peak hiring season...
' c3 T3 ^) \+ t5 e7 r; C$ ]9 ~2 T7 V  P3 C/ L
Are you ready with a professional resume?
: Z/ C! j4 j6 J1 _- S/ l3 E" R* d: l2 Y: a0 f/ \" c: B
Are you prepared for an Interview?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-9-10 10:46 | 显示全部楼层
Several Job Fairs Coming up.....Is your resume or cover letter ready?
1 S( ~, I3 I8 l: C/ R3 yAre you ready for an interview?& q- b$ a. ^8 x0 q

8 ^, ]& P; _+ Q5 C/ Bhttp://humanservices.alberta.ca/working-in-alberta/3227.html
6 L) u6 p/ p- p# D7 U. \) V
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-9-17 08:29 | 显示全部楼层
Interview Tips:* \6 ^) D- L" f0 {3 R: x& r
9 t. @' V0 k  E* j. [7 @( Q
n the best interviews, job candidates say a lot and interviewers very little – after all, the interview is about the candidate, not the interviewer.' t. A: U+ |0 P

6 y# A( Q2 f, Z; a7 C$ p! |But there are a few things interviewers would like to tell job candidates well before the interview starts.7 m6 L  ]( @" \' I) h( {
. O6 C( I) e6 I* i& t8 H" O
1. I want you to be likeable.
' v* L' C; }* p. O
! ~& v) a6 U7 ]Obvious? Sure, but also critical. I want to work with people I like and who in turn like me.  ?( w/ K2 l/ p& e$ F7 A, c
0 g7 D& S0 ]( ]# K
So: I want you to smile. I want you to make eye contact, sit forward in your chair, and be enthusiastic. The employer-employee relationship truly is a relationship -- and that relationship starts with the interview (if not before.)  ~7 k+ [+ t: c1 R, C& J, p
/ Y" [6 A0 Z" p$ D
A candidate who makes a great first impression and sparks a real connection instantly becomes a big fish in a very small short-list pond. You may have solid qualifications, but if I don't think I'll enjoy working with you, I'm probably not going to hire you.
2 w  q6 m/ U$ Q/ K/ s7 O) e; l' W+ m8 T$ ?* P1 S" W2 T# o8 \. ?
Life is too short.6 e3 \0 O) A* X* V

; y7 Q& H4 [3 S: s2. I don’t want you to immediately say you want the job.& |; X' [- R2 w% K
! S# [! O2 E/ ~6 t4 `
Oh, I do want you to want the job -- but not before you really know what the job entails. I may need you to work 60-hour weeks, or travel 80% of the time, or report to someone with less experience than you... so sit tight for a bit.3 Z% L- Y8 t6 _! {2 L% Z

& k7 v) r. p! H7 LNo matter how much research you've done, you can't know you want the job until you know everything possible about the job.+ z, {3 U% k3 v7 Q) a. j
% P3 n/ O7 L" `
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-9-19 20:30 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
他人很好,但是所有的cover letter写的太general 了。 我估计他有一个模板,同一个行业的就写同样的东西。没用的。coverletter还是要自己写然后找白人改语法$ n- X) N7 p' y* B& T
0 Z9 J: _; K: F0 P$ M) A. |, O, \

/ L4 D% ]; `$ O5 D6 Y* Z+ F补充内容 (2013-9-20 17:09):
$ J# S% x- r/ H( a4 @# l8 P4 q简历 cover letter 这些东西还是要自己写的。别人写的再好也无法表达你的真情实感,无法结合你以前的经历来写。找工作大家共勉,不能怕费事。
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-9-20 11:05 | 显示全部楼层
他人很好的。Resume和cover letter 改得很有水平
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-9-25 09:08 | 显示全部楼层
The Alberta Employment and Career Fair is a two day career information and job fair. The fair promotes opportunities for informed career and education planning, and connects employers with employees.& ~' g2 x+ Q# ~) M: }' z2 S

. n9 _4 s2 A0 G$ `Job Fair:
4 Z- X. Q) ~$ f$ v" c8 n  Q+ W2 b( mThe Alberta Employment and Career Fair is now in its 17th year, and has grown to become Alberta’s most comprehensive and best attended career and job fair.
4 T% m0 P( V) i& C& X1 a
, [: w' X) u% D# P0 KThe 2013 fair will feature approximately 200 exhibitors, and attract approximately 10,000 visitors. The 2013 fair will be held Friday October 4th (9am-5pm) and Saturday October 5th (10am-4pm) at the EDMONTON EXPO CENTRE HALL C, 7515 - 118 Avenue in Edmonton Alberta.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-8 10:26 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
up! up!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-17 19:46 | 显示全部楼层
up! up!
4 m% ~: a# Q+ U- c* ?! T; Y# \
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-27 22:15 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Job Search Tips:
: U2 I9 w. U: p: N% I! v8 _2 W3 {
In this day and age the first obvious step for many job seekers is to hop on the internet and browse job search websites. Some of the leading sites are great; over time they’ve developed efficiently and can match you up with suitable vacancies varying from accountancy jobs to tree surgeons. But, it’s not the only way to look for job openings.1 V# d. F( X. p8 E; u, Z5 H
8 {& H' M# s* \
Another saying you may hear as a job seeker is, “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” This is a very true statement. You really need to get yourself out there and be as social as possible; having a big group of friends will without a doubt increase your chances of finding a job. Being a social person increases your confidence and interpersonal skills, this helps you meet new people and make new bonds.
2 k8 z! G7 V; ~$ d+ B% b. u. A2 s4 U: u# X( `# @
Friends will always want to help you out when you’re unemployed. You need to ask everyone you know, having a big family helps, but not everyone is that fortunate.4 \- q5 X* X6 v( z2 {

( Y1 V  `! y+ u' P% rLastly, “get on your bike” and go. Go to job centers and CV posting. Employers will look at you in a new light when they realize you’re making an effort and will brand you as a “get up and go person.” Plan where you want to go and think outside the box. Don’t just go to the shopping center, there are loads of places you can go.
1 `6 ]" k; R6 E# C- c2 I" K3 X7 |% z
Go back to your initial research and look into various companies accessible to you. Spend a week going around to these companies and you’ll increase your chances dramatically. By handing a CV over personally you have a much greater chance than someone who’s posted it online; you know they have it and have probably read it, whereas when you post it online you don’t know if they’ve even received it.
  z1 J9 z' ^  ^# g: o" P' l# R  h: w+ d7 E9 ]
鲜花(32) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-10-27 22:22 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 老和尚30 于 2013-10-27 23:24 编辑 2 S3 G' U/ d+ h* `5 k9 b8 K9 a

S5 G- ~4 h8 a; [靠这个赚钱?那个啥,,,哈哈," `4 A* v8 y1 F! ~$ e" T* L& ~
我为你喝彩,免费!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-11-7 10:27 | 显示全部楼层
What happens when you apply online?! r9 u1 {0 q& `7 q/ ^& p4 Q
A surprising 72 percent of resumes are never seen by the eyes of decision makers. You must first get past the ATS. Once you click “submit”, your resume is thrown into the internet abyss, with dozens or hundreds more. All of these resumes are broken down and put into fields and forms that make it easy for recruiters and hiring managers to see and search, but they will never see or search your resume if it isn’t optimized for an applicant tracking system.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-11-21 10:53 | 显示全部楼层
up! up! up!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-2 22:50 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
如果你十二月毕业的话,最好找专业人士修改简历和cover letter。 resumedoktor@gmail.com
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-12 16:57 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
up up
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-12-18 22:40 | 显示全部楼层
我有个朋友在他那里改简历,感觉一般, Cover Letter改的不是很认真,像是模版,提供的指导也不算太专业
鲜花(16) 鸡蛋(39)
发表于 2013-12-20 11:42 | 显示全部楼层
Nobody can do a professional job by providing such kind of service, no matter who they are!
1 T; e- B1 |. V- X- A
; z. G% i6 x& Q! i5 pThere are big difference for each field, do not mention that even in the same field, there are so many sub-branch/ sub-field that their peer colleagues can not take over the task.. N$ @8 S, T7 G9 a7 J6 ]
& c& \9 i- {2 k
In a word, how can a writer blow such a big bubble?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-28 08:03 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
sounds like you are frustrated with your job search!
8 L* j1 R% B) R:-)
+ |( \- {1 s. V  l
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-28 08:03 | 显示全部楼层
Often, it’s not your resume that’s hurting you.  It’s not that your LinkedIn profile is preventing you from job search success.  It’s not where you went to college, either.
" H$ p* N. {( Y# z6 B& V5 o
; h. {! P$ K; N# @& M0 ERather, it’s the number of other applicants going for the same openings.  For instance, if you’re applying to the same positions as 1,000 other qualified applicants, you have a 0.1 percent chance of getting that job.& Y6 z: ]" S3 N) F2 A* B
# g3 `( m2 D) x" o
As an intelligent job seeker, you should automatically recognize that when you utilize the mainstream avenues such as LinkedIn and Monster, you’re often competing with the masses.. c  K9 ]7 v* ?

B# ^" h" n# Y1 m, L5 V" v# sAs a result, you have less options, more rejection and lowered confidence from non-responsive hiring managers.
老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-12-30 12:21 | 显示全部楼层
Interview Follow Up Checklist" ?6 c) e# q( ~4 T* t

% V* ]7 ^. B! cHere is a checklist of things you can do to leverage your post-interview activities and interest from potential employers.
' j6 X/ m: A: ?" u8 S$ C- F8 S
$ R4 t0 j/ U, l2 V7 L& p# q1. Find Out The Next Step$ {. ]( L: |' x8 m' {+ c
7 F: X* m% v5 o! C
You must always ask what the next step is. One of the most discouraging situations is to believe an interview went well – only to hear nothing back from the company. One way to hedge against this is to get a verbal commitment as to the next steps. If the company says they will contact you no later than next Wednesday – you know you can safely follow up on Thursday if you have not heard back from them.
# z- F; m, ]- U/ Z! D
3 `; |1 h6 Y/ n" |# a; b, L+ F2. Don’t Think The Worst
  Q% Y/ S9 A9 I, l9 ^: p' Q# ]# @7 J6 |+ X5 G6 o" o. T2 @
If you have not heard back from the company you interviewed with, please don’t assume they are not interested in you and never ever act annoyed or defensive. Leave short, friendly, professional messages confirming your continued interest.4 m% D/ W  W% D  _$ n( t% N
) w5 d/ g# z1 F& F+ ~( G
3. Use Your Common Sense, K; H4 m3 q1 R0 }% i' `

+ `6 X8 G7 k/ S; A3 @  h; LDon’t pester – but be persistent. Try to use your intuition based on the people and the corporate culture you are dealing with to know how aggressively to follow up after a job interview. Some companies love aggressive post-interview follow up, as it is part of their culture. Other companies might find it off putting.1 B; e  [1 [. i1 P& g& u/ d
2 H6 X. G, I/ g8 O& p
4. Leave A Great Follow Up Voicemail
' x2 R, m$ z2 _6 i4 w/ `7 i, d' @
( u6 |1 o1 L$ V  d5 V; t, BYou can say something like: “Hi Mr. Brown, this is Mary Elizabeth Bradford. It’s Wednesday morning and I am following up on our initial meeting, and I’m very excited to connect back with you. I will be in the office all day today; my number is 212-555-1212. Thanks and I really look forward to speaking with you again.” Don’t tell them you will call again if you don’t hear back from them. They may wait for you to do just that!
% ?" P, z% b% a! j) y& N* J) |9 ?7 `
5. Send A Thank You Letter3 Z5 `  y1 O$ {1 ?' Z! S

u$ s6 e8 Z2 {3 Q, M* ~5 vI find that hard mail is much preferred over email for thank you letters. The best way I have found to write powerful thank you/after-interview letters is to mirror, match, and repeat back a summary of key points you discussed in the interview. To do this right, you will want to be taking short notes during your interview. The primary things you want to pick up include their main challenges, the kind of person they are looking for and anything positive they shared about you and your potential candidacy. Keep your letter short – under 200 words. Yes, you read that right!/ [& O( g, `  [1 R5 M; E! j

9 s9 F% W% x) [9 D6. Include A ‘P.S.’ In Your Follow Up Letter
! e' h; r0 T1 z& `' l* G
  }0 X6 [9 A5 G' G7 IDo you know what always gets read in a letter? The P.S. or post script. If you have occasion to write one, it’s a good idea. Just be sure what your P.S. says is meaningful enough. No soft statements like, “P.S.: Did I mention I am a team player?”7 O- X; N+ [$ ~! f5 W7 l
3 e" T* ]; Q* E# d5 X1 p
7. Send A Follow Up List Of Short Testimonials
' e# ?- k7 h" U" r' ]* d" Z$ P1 J1 U3 F
References, endorsements, and testimonials almost always have a greater impact than any other piece of information we can give a potential employer. That’s because they come from a third party perspective, which legitimizes you and authenticates what you are probably communicating with them yourself.7 Y. h$ |" K' ~/ B
, ]7 t  v  X7 g
It builds trust very rapidly—more rapidly than any other way I know. Suffice it to say—having a page of testimonials you can use as a “leave behind” or attach with a post-interview thank-you letter is one of THE WISEST moves you can make in your job search. It will “seal the deal,” so to speak.
. W! }2 d9 O+ Y+ y1 D
6 H1 T! E; U, C0 d
$ J  Y& m) D5 c; n* l
鲜花(12) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2014-1-2 21:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
cover letter 必须自己写,因为只有你自己懂你自己的专业.只有你知道面试你的公司需要什么. 5 }# Q; G6 l+ n) |: x
自己的亮点很重要,而且,根据不同的公司用人需求,要随时update你的cover letter. 写完简历后,再找人改语法.
鲜花(169) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2014-1-3 11:42 | 显示全部楼层
西人的很多机构都是免费帮助修改简历和cover letter.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-1-20 09:41 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
Accounts Payable Clerk:: d2 Z" d! k, m5 \" e6 K
http://www.workopolis.com/jobsearch/job/14855230?uc=E8( {# }: K6 X- ]! X: ~- A) S, o0 Z
; d) F. c! [  D7 s, w9 \
Many other accounting and office positions open.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-1-20 22:23 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
Accounting and Finance Career Expo:1 M8 d9 G( G4 R
6 I! g( _% g; w2 t
Edmonton - January 22, 2014 – 11:00am to 5:00pm
# R( D  X& d# O( sShaw Conference CentreEdmonton, Alberta
. q; @1 x2 x7 p* ]( v; L: R; Y
7 z( {6 l2 b- u/ g8 W/ \Western Canada’s largest accounting and finance career expo is back! Hosted by the Alberta Accountants Unification Agency, CGA, CMA and CA Alberta, this year promises to be bigger and better than ever!% T* O8 z2 Z7 k* |9 a6 @5 J$ M

- W/ s% d, ~- ^  q0 wRepresentatives from top companies in the province will be recruiting students and members at the Accounting and Finance Career Expo. There are networking opportunities and jobs for all levels of careers – whether you are looking for a coop, internship, mid to senior level management positions, or just want to connect and research for future opportunities.
, O8 n0 _1 i+ X/ u) {/ G5 t% K5 B2 }' P2 Z( P* G, v8 p
The expo is FREE for jobseekers and is open to members of the public. Please share this information with colleagues who are interested in a career in accounting or finance.
9 Y: }' O6 A+ s3 N1 i+ _* @2 X2 h: Y' U4 Y7 }  S# A% n) \4 A
Don’t miss this opportunity to take the next leap in your career.5 N% ]/ s1 v+ N$ \" G
http://accountingcareerexpo.com/( P, F. C) F. y% }0 t1 l

/ W6 d  `. @4 }' g* G3 v8 d* B7 [2 h) c% R- O
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2014-1-28 17:42 | 显示全部楼层
人家尼玛为了争口饭吃,别尼玛瞎bb,
. S# y' D/ s% s0 Y' c) D: Z$ z- u! _% x  B* u! E# p, Y
你管有没有免费的呢,!  smart ass
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2014-1-28 17:46 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
DT 的 hope mission 还有免费的食物呢,你们怎么不天天排队去?  为毛去超市花钱买
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-2-17 08:37 | 显示全部楼层
up up!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-2-18 19:23 | 显示全部楼层
AHS(Alberta Health Services) is hiring summer student interns!!!
& l* l( l' I" C* EFor more information:& ~$ s0 x2 f' d- A* X
email: resumedoktor@gmail.com
# E, p% o2 }+ p4 Iwww.resumedoktor.ca
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-13 08:08 | 显示全部楼层
Several intern positions available now.
% q) H4 N9 x4 w$ I. Z! L& ]/ k- O2 f: e' b
WHO DO YOU KNOW AT THIS COMPANY?- w  q2 r1 i% z4 U' J- W; m+ n+ s* q
& F) }  k4 K7 M: J  E
Ask your friends and connections for a referral. It's private.0 k" P- z+ U7 H* s6 }8 H; p8 B
Check LinkedIn
: x  G/ y: v% }. PFind out more »$ B; e: K* I& V
JOB INFORMATION
4 o4 h  j% M& Y, H1 X; @* G9 C+ W$ r3 M) }
Date Posted:
% y% \. e& Y/ {March-12-143 W0 l/ a& W6 }0 t
Job Type:
: T3 W1 J  t+ a1 \0 eFull Time
! @3 a& M+ d! E( }8 A8 vYears of Relevant Experience:
" _! W6 l! z$ ]" y7 uAny& ?% z1 Q2 E4 W, [
Industry:
9 h: b' F$ r/ v5 n8 }" I6 MNot for Profit and Charity2 z" L. ^) w8 F: {, p
Job Category:) d2 i- P8 a# f' Y
Marketing
  H+ z, k! R6 B1 b5 R3 G2 IJOB TOOLS
- c; Z1 j9 M+ N5 `  ?1 |$ Y# K! b) O
Save This Job
6 Z# B; h. _2 H9 uSign In or Join Now to save this job.
) a% a7 ]5 e3 i/ h* }+ APrint this job
) S% B" ]3 Q" U; H9 L6 W4 RFIND MORE JOBS/ y+ J- n9 x6 e8 J6 ~" ~
6 \: r3 n% C/ g7 r( i3 E
6 V* \5 p: f# @$ I5 y
Marketing and Communications Intern/ p, O6 D+ ^4 ?0 |) I7 Z. \
STONY PLAIN ROAD AND AREA BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
4 U4 T/ ?0 v3 Y/ W
http://www.workopolis.com/jobsea ... d=721%3A19L%3A142963 k/ q; K: m( i( o  ^; P& z, ?/ P
* ]" b7 Y$ E: l, n
resumedoktor@gmail.com/ k$ E2 \0 D1 ^6 J9 z
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2014-3-13 14:25 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
我觉得这是个很好的service,感觉楼主也帮了不少人了,这两年见了不少拿不出手的简历,头疼啊。
0 i' F5 |# b+ N) I% R: k. H% P1 R' W& v0 e! C: `: w
一份专业的简历和cover letter一般大概要300-500刀一份,知道简历价值的人就一定明白这钱花的是很值的。我请的我朋友帮忙做简历的时候,她大概在我身上花了10个小时,她是专业的HR培训经理,年薪是8w5,合计50刀一小时,这么算算作为一个朋友她为我奉献了500刀。这“500刀”为我省去了至少1年工作经验,并且起薪就比别人高1w。你要是有这样的朋友愿意帮你,那你也不需要楼主提供的服务了。免费的东西当然好,谁都喜欢,可是质量真是不好说,相信很多人都有去SUB改简历的经验,质量参差不齐,改的人也不会精心帮你设计怎么突出你这个人的优势,更不会给你花10个小时。简历好比面试时的一套好西装,或者比那个更重要,一份好的简历呈现好的内涵,往往比外表更容易吸引关注。好的简历也都是设计过的,哪里是重点,哪里要让读的人喘口气,哪里要引起别人的好奇,都需要设计。什么叙述方法让人觉得踏实不花哨,什么地方要避重就轻,全都是学问。在简历上如何推销自己和在面试中如何让自己突显个性是同出一辙的。以上说的都需要时间堆砌,如果你只付了2小时钱,那就拿两小时的活,模板填空就是2小时的活,要想专业的突显自己的各方面优势,真的要10个小时以上的准备经历。简历是个技术活,但是如果专业人士都给你一顿包装了还拿不出手,那就不是简历的问题了,毕竟简历是不能撒谎的。 也看到有人说,简历这东西完全不重要,更重要的是推荐人,有关系都好说。很想真心的说一句,给你的推荐人长长脸吧,看到一份粗枝烂叶的简历拿的出手嘛?人家敢推荐吗?: v( V, ]: ?. E3 [% ?
0 H% o, M( |& A+ G  Y
人的心理有时候很奇怪,价钱便宜了反而怀疑质量。我如果是楼主就不会在网页上打on sale 的广告,要走就走高端大气路线,一分钱不减,不走量,只做精品。在同行业内免费服务随手可得的情况下,低价位和中价位都会被拿去和免费的相提并论,反而觉得贵了。如果一个把简历看成刚需的顾客,200、300或者500 是一个意思,结果和质量更重要.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-17 11:46 | 显示全部楼层
KELLY SERVICES (CANADA) LTD.
! S( Z1 |$ v# q. ]0 ~, C  i: S; z9 ~5 k2 X
Accounting Technician, Bookkeeping, Receivable and Payable (Mar 15, 2014)
理袁律师事务所
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-20 00:03 , Processed in 0.241153 second(s), 26 queries , Gzip On, APC On.