查看: 2490|回复: 1

[招聘信息] Carpenter

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-3-1 10:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Carpenter I
/ T; }# m7 h. dJob Number: 4527( b! ]. V. Z. a

o( F; s0 s& R* }These are temporary positions for approximately 11 months.
# ]! _" b7 O6 M, g
7 |1 Q8 \. l8 @9 S9 @* sAs a Carpenter I with our Building and Facilities Maintenance section you will learn about all aspects of the trade as you work on a variety of different facilities, have access to a safe and clean work environment with state of the art tools, and work with a diversity of people to perform journeyman level preventative maintenance, general carpentry and renovations of City of Edmonton buildings.  Duties include:! ^: u8 O. p# a0 G' d8 w% L& s! P
•        Repairing, replacing and performing preventative maintenance to structural and architectural building components
" D# I, h! v+ Q' S- }6 I" I0 @•        Providing construction and renovation services6 _* N  K  M6 Y! s: j9 B
•        Maintaining and repairing locks and locking hardware- p( \1 T: ]7 V- G1 D( k' S
•        Moving and installing walls, replacing ceilings and floors and repairing roofs
. S0 W0 I; x1 f& \) @- k•        Constructing and installing millwork
3 O0 t9 s4 L2 T" r5 U: M•        Performing miscellaneous service work and renovations) h, }- x8 N, p1 Y& f! a% g
Qualifications:
' p8 D) v  c5 J% {- ~8 z" U6 n% B: d; {
In order to be successful in this role, you will strive to meet customers expectations, keep within estimated costs of projects, demonstrate a high quality of workmanship and ability to work in a public environment, abide by safety regulations, learn about the different materials used in our facilities,  and gain an understanding of our procurement process. In order to achieve these, you will have:
' f( X- k/ `* j•        Journeyman Carpentry Certificate recognized by Government of Alberta Advanced Education and Technology
$ Y: K$ ]0 h$ X3 O$ A6 }•        Possession of a valid Alberta Class 5 Operator's License or operators licensing equivalent recognized by the Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation, Alta. Reg. 320/2002
' N1 B5 A5 t' t1 l3 Y0 h•        Active employment as a Journeyman Carpenter for the past five years and experience working in a maintenance environment are assets, e' L& K$ l& w/ F) Q
•        Ability to perform the physical demands of the position0 }" ^2 K0 E* I  `
•        Knowledge of building maintenance procedures, construction methods, and regulatory codes in the carpentry trade
: l  K3 o& A7 s8 `•        Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade and ability to work safely with a variety of power tools- h# j. V6 y. G" Z0 c
•        Knowledge and ability to read/interpret blue prints, layout, quantity take offs for ordering of the required materials
3 q" J' A* a$ P2 `- l" V•        Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
0 d/ p3 G# ]2 r2 V6 @6 j+ }•        Commitment to continual learning, team work and providing excellent customer service8 b% S( f7 J: c% {# {# J. I/ @
•        Training and experience in the locksmith trade would be an asset
; _7 h/ T% D0 nNOTE:9 E0 S- i- m  b
•        A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Security Clearance letter from the Edmonton Police Department or the RCMP that is satisfactory to the department
/ S2 T% a: e6 v( M7 z8 k0 j; P# g•        Applicants may be tested
$ J2 k  c1 Z; O* C" V; P4 v- cHOURS OF WORK: 40  hours per week, Monday - Friday.
) z" \! Z6 d- C2 J/ p; r6 q- W , h% v" x; G% @/ G; S! O" q) r) H
SALARY RANGE: 10M, Salary Grade: 034, $32.556 (Hourly), $2,604.48 (Bi-Weekly), $67,976.93 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
6 I5 o, Z  J$ S2 ` 9 A2 w" Z- \. O, ?4 R% e
GENERAL: CUPE Local 30 members are requested to send a copy of their application for this competition to the union office.  The City of Edmonton thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
; A8 F5 r8 K4 u
) e$ k1 \) |; ?* ]% ^5 V9 E% S3 r  hThe Province of Alberta is a signatory to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade and the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia. The City of Edmonton will accept extra-provincial qualifications which are accepted by Alberta regulatory authorities and legislation in accord with those Agreements. For more information, kindly contact Government of Alberta, Advanced Education and Technology with respect to trade requirements, or the Alberta professional regulatory body responsible for certification.
+ F! S9 [0 C6 W2 z, r! N" A
+ g" w. D0 P4 B1 R& THUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT:   LF/VG8 R% O  s2 \: A! y3 J
  6 p$ H. d9 S" X, H8 ~# s
Classification Title: Carpenter I" K* n$ T+ j3 K
Posted On: Feb 26, 20102 Y# g+ u: E( @1 |- t
Closing Date - 11:00pm on: Mar 12, 2010
$ f0 p# t; G# \: c3 Z% wNumber of Openings (up to): 4 - Temporary Full-time/ I4 w* C# X( r. C: C
Union: CUPE Local 30' K5 O. |9 S- f9 M! y
Department: Building & Facilities Maintenance (Asset Management & Public Works Department)
; }8 o5 e8 p9 G) [: y3 z% B% F$ BWork Location(s):
1 }+ h6 |9 z5 J3 ^Westwood Central Service Yard, 12304 - 107 St (154)1 f7 z1 [. Z( l$ S% V
Edmonton, T5G 2S7
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-1 11:00 | 显示全部楼层
Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
) i% H- t1 V9 X: VUse our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.) K9 M4 L% b- E$ @
) O# Y4 R- k* z2 E) e  c
Applicants  applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-28 09:04 , Processed in 0.271621 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.