找回密码
 注册
查看: 4222|回复: 1

Cold War

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-27 22:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I would like to take this chance to talk about the issues of how to make a last and profound conversation with locals since some friends have complained that they only have the ability to do the short talks with co-workers or strangers. I call the short talk the Cold War, meaning it is a long last personal struggle or an impossible mission. I still remember I have encountered few embarrass seniors few years ago, but things are getting better year after year. Since this summer, I start to feel very comfortable as I chat with people I met every day. For example, I need to find some info around the place I just moved in. While I was driving around the blocks this afternoon, I saw a good lady was mending her yard. She was the only person I can find, so I decided to talk to this lady. I parked the car and greeted to her. I asked her about the neighborhood such as banks, supermarkets and so on. She answered me with her best capability. Then she invited me to her condo to have a little chat. She wrote down some of the contact names and the numbers of her friends in case I need more help and told me about few neighbor’s stories. At the end, I got plenty of information than I intended to. It all came very natural and our conversation was quite enjoyable.( M' D1 \- m+ @3 m( L# y

* T! a1 }: t. sSo here are some of self-made rules which have worked well for me.
- ~; R* ]2 p( ^0 {' V
1 V; U# {6 K, u. }4 X! _2 jEvery morning, practice the chat and image that you are both A and B actors or actresses:
  A$ ^3 n! a9 ^7 W
$ J/ y% l8 T8 s- ]* @) ~* ?Day 1: Good morning, Sandra (You)
* ]/ W" y4 i$ y- Y5 N; a0 c$ L            Good morning, Ming. How are you? (Co-worker)
! i4 J+ \# \! @6 J4 R1 i            I am fine, thanks!       (You)
: y  [, A  ]- }- s/ d& S$ j# ~: j$ z
Day 2: Repeat  Day 1 (You)$ H1 i; z1 l* V- `( w: i
            Repeat  Day 1 (Co-worker)
1 p! K4 _- x' Q0 ?            I am fine, and how are you. (You)
  ]' ^4 R* W& l# c- w! s* z" V0 k5 m/ ?            Not too bad, I like your shirt; it looks gorgers (Co-Worker)
- |* F3 Y2 Q/ Z$ V! ?) t! l            Thanks, I bought it from China last summer. (You)
" `: w, {  k* A: I- Y7 M* ?7 L* z) v0 L9 p, @" }4 {
Day 3: Repeat
* [! R$ ]3 V, @7 M0 _5 I. s6 v            Repeat2 E' a3 Y2 z2 K/ K
            Repeat
% w6 [( x0 U, }$ r9 \  v" ^9 _            I could not be better, Thank god it is Friday. (Co-worker)" I( E) ?- ~, Y
            Finally, so do you have plan for the weekend? (You); d5 ]- q8 S' p3 ]4 D
            Oh, ya, I am going to visit my mother-in-law even I hates her, but my husband will make me to see her. (Co-worker)
9 _$ H, B2 t% p4 k' g3 Z           Poor you, oh, I wish you have a good weekend, and come back with a good mood. You know what I mean. (You)$ t/ V6 o' i4 Z1 l% O
/ _$ k* [0 g: F5 p
Next Monday: Repeat
# d- m6 y: H) e4 U6 \: {                        Repeat# n9 c1 F& `$ b2 d$ j' p8 `0 b. D# _: ^4 L
                        How was your weekend? (You)
' x% H! X& r6 B/ ~2 x7 R7 g: f                        Not bad. My mother-in-law was so tolerable this time, and she made a big super. So we all sit outside and enjoyed the beautiful day with family. (Co-worker)9 t7 a  @& A: o; T
                        Is that right? Where does your mother-in-law live? (You)
) z! Z3 u, K) }$ m& V                        Pigeon Lake. It was packed on the weekend. (Co-worker)7 ]8 H$ h( ]2 p
                        Oh, Pigeon Lake, I have been there once and we caught some good fish.
) t! V# I% ^2 q# ^. v                        Really, I don’t know you like fishing, may be you should come with me next time.' W# k2 S% w+ f. `3 F# N! r
                        Great idea and I will& Y7 x6 C+ O/ }% T
                        Bla—Bla—Bla
8 q3 _: a0 l: A: V: v) z                        Then you see the boss walking by" Y: f# x6 }4 U  `% u! n: L/ W9 L8 @; d
                         It is time to stop.
7 s, q8 c8 Q* E  L3 g" t( _) q1 A                     
: y$ f0 u4 q: o1 |! d) m
/ r1 ^1 [! `  QThe above mentioned examples are under daily small talks or gossip category.  The serious business conversation will be with another topic.8 I. q( g- {/ @7 R- L/ h7 k
And I advise everyone should find the way that works best for her/him.9 F) N* }  D5 y2 M5 X1 U: o/ t
9 L  v' A1 w7 h; R; N
[ 本帖最后由 Matrix 于 2008-8-27 23:47 编辑 ]
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-8-27 23:32 | 显示全部楼层
Excellent! and some flowers for you to show my great appreciation.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-23 23:08 , Processed in 6.954129 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.