找回密码
 注册
查看: 3795|回复: 7

My Original Writing-Life sucks, but don't be a sucker

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-26 22:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The following is my original writing awhile ago replying to a friend's email.  I post it here for everyone to criticize. Any comment is welcome, but name calling or personal attacks. Also please be noticed that opinions expressed in the writing are solely personal, and supposedly not to be the part intended for judgment or discussion.
) Z7 C0 z* @! m5 D6 \  d' z6 o
) `, d/ r* c) ~% I, M1 N+ V* F' Y--------
4 s" M! v1 R" ?2 x& ^It is good to know that you have your dream and are entrepreneur, and did go through a hard time searching for opportunities and landing one. I do hope that you will succeed at the first time, although any difficulty and failure are normal to any business. Statistically saying there are 9 out of 10 business go broke in the first one or two years, and this is the life that we have to live with. Business can never be easy to anyone, since it not only requires so many traits but also needs sacrifices in family life. You are a brave lady in this male-dominated society.
, z3 G  {; R. W2 a! B
! U( U: ]# b2 c' `$ V; VLife is never easy for everyone in modern society since it becomes more and more monopolized by couple big giant corporations, and most of people were marginalized and eventually become low-paid workers, only to work like a horse making dozen people become richer and richer. and any political system, although the one like that north America claim their superiority, actually, in root, is in favor of capitalist and protecting capitalists, leaving the public in poverty. things happening in China in the recent years are similar to those happened in other countries, and it is heart-breaking to see so many mobile immigrant workers have such a miserable, and inhumane life.
; u# h: ]) f4 v$ E
  z/ {9 R8 R' {' E% H% W" r9 LWith all these perception of life and society, it is easy for people to feel lonely in this world. However, like a tiny drop of water in the ocean, people who can't even sustain  their basic need for a living can do nothing with it. What i really hope is that i can have my own business, first to support my own life and family, and next to do something to support those unlucky people for a decent life.
! n8 G. l1 W$ q/ x7 q: R
+ S; ^/ v  \  z' Z- @2 D! b  y$ W& w$ _' qLife is a journey,everyone, technically is lonely in his/her soul as not anyone else can actually really understand your internal world. Most people don't even understand themselves due to hectic work making a living. for me, what i am looking for is a person who knows life and society in a way i do, and knows what is the most important and valuable thing in life, and enjoy life together with me, at the same time, go through up and down together with me. For me, life is life, life is not only materials, luxuries, or wealth. It has more that materials and wealth can not automatically obtain. Also having said this, requiring me or pushing me for wealth in the name of responsibility is going to be very hard, although I myself already want wealth.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-27 15:37 | 显示全部楼层

不错

有同感,不过最后两句 从"Also having said this, requiring me or pushing me for wealth in the name of responsibility is going to be very hard, although I myself already want wealth."我看了又看,老觉得别扭,能不能用中文解释一下?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-27 20:35 | 显示全部楼层
I guess the auther is a guy. Usually, a man is required to support the family. and he is supposed to get more and more money if possible(this is the man's responsibility, at least in some cultures). The auther is willing ( and actually ready) to take this kind of resposibilities but he is still not happy if his girl friend or wife is too pushy..
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-28 20:49 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
原帖由 StarHelena 于 2008-7-27 16:37 发表 3 S" f* ~- O- W# c. N
有同感,不过最后两句 从"Also having said this, requiring me or pushing me for wealth in the name of responsibility is going to be very hard, although I myself already want wealth."我看了 ...
/ g8 b/ [: d; `9 h$ b& R; B
( U' z; V/ G$ n& }' e7 V& A  g% p
从FLOW上看有点别扭,。突然变更思路了。意思是我认为人生的意义不只是财富和声名,虽然我想创造财富,不仅让自己生活更好,还可以帮助别人,但是让挣钱成为我生活中的主要目标和精力所指,我不干,因为生命还有很多美好的东西我不想错过。
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-28 20:50 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 august99 于 2008-7-27 21:35 发表 0 |  g' P$ K% N: _- e2 @8 X: D# A
I guess the auther is a guy. Usually, a man is required to support the family. and he is supposed to get more and more money if possible(this is the man's responsibility, at least in some cultures). T ...

9 W, m" p6 L6 V- I8 j+ R' }' N$ \  q  u
You are right. You got me. Thanks.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-29 15:36 | 显示全部楼层
any chinese who wants to write a good english essay, as they said, s/he must first be a good writer in chinese. from LZ' chinese writing (4楼), one can tell, LZ is a good writer already. yuo just need some time to fit into the new language.  personally, i think we 'd btter view things with more optimistic mood. that may be even more important than money, good language skills, or GF or family. only when we have  got our part of happiness, and then can share it with people we loved.  am i right?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-29 15:53 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Can't agree more.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-8 02:35 | 显示全部楼层
If I were the writer's friend, I would be upset when I read the letter. Because it isn't warm words to a friend, it is a good essay to his English teacher. But I have to say,your writing is better than mine.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-12 18:16 , Processed in 0.230706 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.