找回密码
 注册
查看: 7201|回复: 17

贴篇原创---要求加精

[复制链接]
鲜花(74) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-12 23:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Four years ago, when I was in China, I would never have thought that I could survive through a frigid and endless winter like in Canada, especially in Edmonton, which is one of the coldest major cities in the western part of Canada. The winter in Edmonton lasts from October to April. During that period, Edmonton is a colorless world like 1940s American movies, which consist of only two colors, black and white. When I first came here, my first winter gave me a strong impression of just how frozen everything was. I remembered that I was shaking when I was waiting in the bus station and shrinking back from the cold air that would come rushing in each time someone opened the door. I did not dare to touch anything outside because I was afraid that my hands might stick to it forever. During that winter, I tried different forms of protection to withstand the cold. As we know, the best way to defend against the cold is staying at home and hibernating like animals, but this is impossible to implement since we are human beings. In Canada, the temperature inside rooms is usually very warm, so people do not need to worry; however, outside is Jack Frost. To safely venture outside into the cold Canadian winter, people need to keep their head warm, keep their lips and skin from drying out, wear proper foot attire, wear many layers of clothing, and take the necessary precautions when exercising out of doors. By taking these simple steps, it is not that difficult to survive through the Canadian winter." E3 c+ z" o* h

7 _8 ?2 G# Z9 Z8 R& @/ |5 r1 R          The head is the most important body part that needs to be kept warm all the time in the winter. In the winter, wearing only a warm jacket but not wearing a hat is not enough because a person will lose heat rapidly through the head, which is why it is necessary to wear a hat. Since vasoconstriction may take place during frosty weather, people frequently suffer headaches and dizziness. For some heart disease patients, it is very easy to catalyze cerebrovascular diseases in extremely cold weather. Therefore, keeping the head warm is absolutely essential and can even be a matter of life and death.
$ c* ~! `& e/ m6 c& H  y# Q4 X2 g" E- Q3 p6 u# R
          In addition to protecting the head, it is also very important to protect the ears, neck, chin, and nose by wearing headgear and a scarf properly. When I go outside for a short distance, I might think that I do not need a hat. However, if I stay outside even for a short time under very cold conditions, my ears soon turn red and slowly start to feel numb. In the winter, the wind feels like a knife sliding across my face. Therefore, I make sure to wear a wool scarf and hat to protect my head and face. I remember one particularly cold day when I felt like I was at the North Pole. The visibility was extremely low and I could not see anybody even five metres in front of me because my eyelashes were frosted and the snow was so thick it was like a fog. Afterwards I learned that under those kinds of extreme conditions it can help to wear ski goggles. The ears, nose, chin, and neck all need to be protected from the cold.
2 k2 U* B* o) z% G5 u       
+ `. a2 d2 Q- E; U         It is also very important to have the right footwear in the winter to keep the toes from freezing and to keep from slipping on the snow and ice. Keeping the feet warm is not easy to do, however. Because the lower limbs are the body parts that are farthest from the heart, and the feet are body parts that have very little fat, blood circulation is poor in both feet. Moreover, the lower limbs are highly sensitive to chilly weather. However, wearing thick cashmere socks and waterproof hiking shoes is very helpful in keeping the feet warm; nevertheless, wearing socks and shoes that are too tight will not help a person stay warm or prevent frostbite. Wearing socks too tight leads to poor circulation and the loss of heat from the feet. Hiking shoes can also protect people from slipping on icy or slippery ground. Therefore, proper socks and shoes can prevent falls and can also improve the body’s efficiency in keeping warm.
2 j' a2 {3 m, m3 l- }& g8 _, I       
; a* g' B( f7 Y2 r          Precautions are also needed in the winter to keep the lips and skin from getting dried out. For example, it is important not to lick your lips in the winter because it is very dry. Some people like to moisten their lips by licking them. As a result, the more they lick their lips, the dryer their lips will get, and the dryer their lips get, the colder their lips will get. Because saliva contains some amylases, after people lick their lips and the evaporation of water takes place on their lips, the chemicals in the saliva are like glue sticking to their lips. This situation can lead to more dryness, and cold sores on the lips can putrefy. It is very important to use lip balm (such as ChapStick) to protect the lips from drying out. And the same goes for the rest of the skin, which can be protected with creams and moisturizers.. k0 _+ @& O1 ]( y! n: O3 u3 I
        : C4 S. ^( @! x7 D
         To keep from getting cold in the winter, a person should wear many layers of clothing. I suggest that people who wear only one pair of pants should wear long underwear, which is like wearing an extra pair of pants during the winter. Before you go outside, prepare yourself by arranging your clothing in layers such as by wearing a soft cotton undershirt, a long sleeve shirt, a warm wool sweater, and a jacket. If people wear appropriate clothing to protect themselves well, the winter does not seem as cold as you might think.
$ {1 _% Q, o: r9 g/ h$ w       
% |% |  N0 @) h" \7 \+ i         In the winter, exercise enhances the body’s immunity to catching colds and makes it easier to stay warm when you are outside. Outdoor exercises are the best way to help people get used to walking in winter and improve the functioning of the respiratory system in cold weather. Exercising frequently outside can boost a person’s ability to defend against colds. However, when people exercise outdoors, they need to pay attention to weather changes. Based on the different weather conditions, people need to decide on how much clothing they need to wear, how long to exercise, and how heavy the exercise should be. In order to exercise safely out of doors, a person needs to take all the other precautions, such as protecting the head, lips, and feet, described earlier.' B' e8 b1 i0 f5 q7 \6 v

2 c# O) y' j" O8 s6 Q/ @9 [. V: ^         As frightening as the Canadian winter may seem to someone from China, it is not that difficult to get through it as long as you keep your head warm, keep your lips and skin from getting too dry, wear proper foot wear, wear many layers of clothing, and be sensible about exercising outside. If you hide yourself at home all winter, like a bear hibernating, you might become disconnected from others and suffer depression. But if you protect yourself well, like a winter rabbit exchanging its thin, brown summer fur for thick, white winter fur, you too can survive your first Canadian winter.
鲜花(151) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-13 06:40 | 显示全部楼层
Thank the personalized small tomato for sharing the useful experiences of living in winter of edmonton.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-13 07:21 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(74) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-13 17:34 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
谢谢一楼的花' P) b+ T- v2 y1 Z; B7 h/ f
悄悄问一下版主在吗?
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-6-13 18:45 | 显示全部楼层
支持原创!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-13 20:56 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-13 21:00 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
go out with car, stay outside less than half hours, the winter will be ok. it will be difficulte like u need to wait the bus becasue some time the bus isn't coming.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-18 21:20 | 显示全部楼层

请问

请问你的英文这么好,是在加拿大学的?还是本身是英语专业的?
鲜花(4) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-22 20:59 | 显示全部楼层
我是不是开错门?这不是中文网?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-25 11:41 | 显示全部楼层

回复 8楼 StarHelena 的帖子

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I think his english is around ESL level 6 to level 8. Do you agree?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-30 20:10 | 显示全部楼层
Yes,I agree with you !0 Q& `  ]8 g4 r+ |; ^/ ]) K
  |0 I6 T5 ~& a1 b& {5 z

9 Q; {+ @$ S7 s3 {0 } , K( E$ ~( N1 t# M- b# a
; J. l. `2 S# S  @5 i: h

- A+ Y  j! x; {
2 q3 p8 F# r& U# J2 S
. j, v5 q- d5 d* W" M5 _/ F! U3 i
* y5 k. h' H. a; t1 Ewww.1gee.com.cn
( h1 A& K. w+ x5 X人工英语翻译网站,准确及时专业便捷!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-1 23:28 | 显示全部楼层
you can find tons of mistakes in this article. His english is definitely limited , such as the winter of edmonton: this is chinese english. In chinese, we say beijing/s winter, but in english we do not say the winter of beijing: the correct writing should be the winter in edmonton. Too many to be pointed out here
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-2 09:15 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
大型搬家
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-7-2 10:42 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
原帖由 lonelyhero 于 2008-7-1 23:28 发表 * h7 A6 H$ Z- z8 s: d" \  K
you can find tons of mistakes in this article. His english is definitely limited , such as the winter of edmonton: this is chinese english. In chinese, we say beijing/s winter, but in english we do no ...
( @- x0 S$ {! |. h  G' o" S

0 Y, u* t9 C, y# y- c8 V) w: V
& e& _% T7 n8 N1 H* q6 nDo you know why Teacher Fan Pao Pao was fired? Because he told the truth while others kept it to themselves. To be a hero is hard, to be a lonely hero will be more difficult. But I appreciate your honesty and courage. Good luck!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-2 11:28 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 billzhao 于 2008-7-2 11:42 发表
+ ]0 |( }3 Z9 o! d3 Q4 |8 m" g) Q4 w8 b7 u, W- {- [

5 y: U' D2 I/ ]' m: I  p* k8 U; i  o! j1 X) y, d
Do you know why Teacher Fan Pao Pao was fired? Because he told the truth while others kept it to themselves. To be a hero is hard, to be a lonely hero will be more difficult. But I appreciate yo ...
2 x( I9 s4 o7 f$ e0 w% S

/ c: [! ^' _! f6 _7 W# j& c9 II know a lot of people discuss RUNNING FAN (this is what he is called in english media, really funny) but did not read any of them therefore I do not know what's going on. But you need to be honest always, especially for those English study. I worked hard to improve english and still feel very frustrated sometimes. If you do not realize your problem ,you can never improve it." F5 u) j2 p5 [5 m8 N

- C" A/ G. k- b. h/ |4 lI am lonely and I am a kind of hero. Absolutely I am a little bit different to others. I would always be honest.....thank you for your comments and encouragement
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-2 18:51 | 显示全部楼层
Positive comments are always welcome.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-8 04:32 | 显示全部楼层

回复 楼主 个性小西红柿 的帖子

同言同羽 置业良晨
梦里我也曾写过这个+ q& a) h9 A- O' x" z# ~/ R$ G2 L1 z
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-8 04:55 | 显示全部楼层

回复 15楼 lonelyhero 的帖子

真英雄不会寂寞# e1 B1 {: B! S  X
只要他需要
: q9 C2 B5 s- C0 c8 Q! l: S5 w6 X身边永远不会少朋友6 L& z& w' ]& }1 D
' ~9 O! {( l- R1 @3 x2 L  A
真英雄本该寂寞
% l/ d, i- i: H因为他所求
! \3 Q' e  B4 B( A总是比云云众生多那么一点点# ]/ {& {  i; I6 m
他在人生路上
; x1 l3 U  v( m) A5 c# P+ a% t总是比云云众生早迈那么半步
, m. R8 b- ~' E/ D# P) ~# f! t他对同样的问题之思考7 C7 p8 M# O( y3 C" Y$ E
总是比云云众生前瞻那么一程: S  U7 n1 d4 i' n, m! F+ j$ h
" ]& u6 s! u1 g$ x+ i0 D“水利万物而不争( q8 B' u! _9 {" B1 L2 C2 J
处众人之所恶
+ h) L" _) j. H6 v8 t8 [# [故几于道”# i* `" z, S5 K1 v" v- ?
很适合定义英雄
& L" A) y; M; S2 \哈...离题了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-11 09:31 , Processed in 0.328645 second(s), 36 queries , Gzip On, APC On.