http://www.education.gov.ab.ca/n ... edmontonschools.asp
- b- G% Q* k+ M; R/ d0 _1 r. U& _6 y( N0 |; q' F3 W" \

m3 Z; m4 t: J9 Thttp://www.education.gov.ab.ca/n ... edmontonschools.asp
7 a9 A4 c8 t; U- U0 C* j* l) S        9 i+ W# {# ^- Y
Province announces nine new schools for Edmonton / z% p" h7 P: }# [# y0 C* i

% j0 [6 i0 P* k# k$ |. R* b. b* ]' u: h
Edmonton... 9 Z, I2 q& e1 d1 I; [! }
7 |& P0 w" r9 ]. q* _
An innovative approach to new school construction by the Alberta Government will result in nine new schools opening in Edmonton by September 2010. 2 t0 t! b5 }- q$ O* i3 l, P% M
The new school construction, which is part of the government's Public-Private Partnership (P3) school consolidation pilot project, calls for six schools to be built for Edmonton Public Schools and three for the Edmonton Catholic Separate School District. The pilot project is based on concepts drawn from governments' experience at home and abroad. 2 S7 X. x, q$ O5 Z4 M( I6 _% i2 o
"This consolidated approach to new school construction will place schools where students live and address some of the growth pressures in the capital city," said Minister of Education Ron Liepert. "The project will also help alleviate some of the cost pressures associated with transporting students." 3 r  W* t7 D7 Z& {' r2 D
The new schools will be built to provincial standards and will use a standard design. A permanent core building with essential elements of a school will be complemented by state-of-the-art, steel-framed modular classrooms that can be added to or removed as required. The project criteria includes K-4, K-6 and K-9 school configurations only. : d0 \, x( S8 p4 Q  j+ l
Education services for students will remain the responsibility of the school boards and use and access to the new schools will be managed like existing schools. 2 f/ R( ^- W, r# h
"Student education services will remain the same," said Lloyd Snelgrove, President of Treasury Board. "No matter how we build the schools, they will be owned by the school boards and operated by school boards. The teachers, students and parents will not notice any difference in the quality of the facility or in the delivery of education." & \1 g: K- Z& z0 R/ C3 R
The consolidated new schools construction pilot project will result in the construction of 18 new schools in Calgary and Edmonton. 1 V4 @3 S0 ]) F( {1 b6 l  Y, O' r
"This is a logical approach to address the immediate school infrastructure needs in Edmonton and Calgary," stated Luke Ouellette, Minister of Infrastructure and Transportation. "The P3 approach provides good value for taxpayers, and means communities will have quality school facilities to meet their needs." / p2 D0 [' R$ @
Investing in Alberta's school infrastructure is one of the actions under Premier Ed Stelmach's plan to manage growth pressures. Other priorities for the government are to govern with integrity and transparency, improve Albertans' quality of life, build a stronger Alberta, and provide safe and secure communities. ' o& n" s. s1 x9 _: E: M, g' x0 ]9 s
________________________________________% O1 c6 D, z# @" i
Backgrounder( u* ]- ^5 c7 v& u! t4 P* \
Province uses new approach to build 18 new schools6 _' @7 y6 v. _# E
New Schools P3 Consolidation Pilot Project –School Project List
9 y, w2 m+ _$ }! B" `! ?- \Calgary Board of Education : H' `; b6 [. [4 e6 d$ R$ o* D7 A
Community/School (Grade Structure)        Capacity
, u# t  f8 ]9 d; W1 c8 w! O7 I        . ^* b* E. H$ @" r& _- o2 |
Saddle Ridge K-4         550 ; F: K9 ^$ R+ A% c5 a; }2 R3 ]1 i
Evergreen K-4         550
' s+ l) x3 N- x/ {" F- E! jBridlewood K-6         600 8 d( b/ A2 ^+ u
Cranston K-4         550 3 {8 {6 L; H! A4 c  ^: M
Royal Oak K-4         550
9 {# S6 @$ q% Z: Y2 l0 bWest Springs K-4         550
- n/ T. g5 B: x- rCalgary RCS School District " C, N! m+ Z9 c+ _
Community/School (Grade Structure)        Capacity
8 ^" l8 g+ F/ P2 D5 ~$ m: ]       
' J2 g- p5 T, c' A3 p' D, iEvergreen K-6         600 ) w4 N2 f" A% O7 t  \
Cranston K-9         800
2 T: g6 f1 d  F( G( ESaddle Ridge K-9         840 7 \: i$ k5 ~' r/ f4 N) X. y. ]
Edmonton Catholic School District
2 a1 P& G; c1 T7 d( [( {$ e  GCommunity/School (Grade Structure)        Capacity, j" n) A* X' v
Community/School (Grade Structure)         Capacity 3 g8 h, N. [3 o& c
Windermere K-9         500
; u. H( T& I) ~% n4 M  qLewis Farms K-9         500
. f" \  |3 {/ X' THeritage Valley K-6         500 4 T" a& X* L1 H
  ! e* n* ^2 z4 Q, o) y
Edmonton Public School Board ; u$ y% @( H( c! B  s( E" P
Community/School (Grade Structure)        Capacity1 F7 L0 n1 e2 j1 G

! ^, [5 e' }8 u3 d4 N3 q7 ?Pallisades K-9         850
% o# @, _1 a9 M8 O* {Meadows K-9         850 + x" L  M4 F$ ]! b8 F
Terwillegar Heights K-9         850
, `# }+ ], u- P3 D4 P( J+ eThe Lake District (Belle Rive) K-9         850
$ S: z0 Y& x, ~0 u8 u8 m( f! m- UHeritage Valleys K-9         850 + E% w4 a8 w8 H" d# ~* k3 ?+ s
Pilot Sound K-9         850
  Y! V, [" u3 x. |& w" m, P3 AStandard core school design natural fit for new school construction8 h+ p9 a8 {7 z7 W' y
Edmonton... As part of a new approach to school construction, government will use core school designs for K-4, K-6 and K-9 school configurations only and modular classrooms to build 18 new schools in Edmonton and Calgary.
3 ~( q9 a, C( ^1 G0 S1 t/ @Core schools have a permanent core building with all the essential elements of a school, including a gymnasium, library, administration offices, washrooms, classrooms and special teaching spaces for subjects such as music, art, science, and career and technology studies. Steel-framed modular classrooms are added to and removed from the core building as needed. The core school design allows schools to grow and reduce in size, responding to changes in student enrolment. 0 S) i( c; g3 ~% X( e
The government hired three architectural firms in May 2007 to develop core school designs. Each firm will design one core design and provide two exterior appearance options for the school. This model will be the standard for new schools and will be used by school boards for new school projects across the province.
/ b; p' t# L5 B! ~5 SFeatures of Core School Design
' Z  c0 J' m# p- I3 F2 RThe standard core school design will provide school boards with significant time savings and reduce consultant fees for new school construction. The designs provide equitable facilities that meet provincial school standards and guidelines and will support the Alberta curriculum. The designs will also be easily adaptable to different sites across the province.
3 a" Y) Y0 r9 R4 R+ }  HFeatures of Modular Classrooms3 A" M# r4 C' J: x7 ]
Modern steel-framed modular classrooms have replaced older wood-structure portables, providing improved durability that can retain its shape during multiple moves. The new modular classrooms are constructed and shipped as a complete 24-foot-wide unit. This means the classrooms do not have joint lines that can shift and misalign, protecting them from unwanted air and moisture. The modular classrooms look like permanent classrooms on the inside, thanks to the use of painted drywall, drop ceiling and oversized windows. Overall, the new generation of modular classrooms has been designed for improved health and comfort of students and teachers, and constructed to last 25 years.
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-9-12 10:24 | 显示全部楼层
Well said! Good job!
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-9-12 10:43 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-9-12 11:33 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
LOCATION, LOCATION , LOCATION,永远是对的。在买房子的首选问题就是LOCATION. 之前很长一段时间我上网看MLS上的房子,只要是差不多面积的房子无论在那个区价钱都差不多,那时我们一些朋友私下谈论都觉得这个市场不合理,如果大家都跟疯狂一样抢房子,不在乎房子的location,这和房地产的黄金法则不相符,那就是说这个房产市场是不健康的。现在的调整是好现象,让买房人理智一些来选择适合自己的房子。
鲜花(19) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-3-22 09:45 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 静夜的玫瑰 于 2007-9-12 12:33 发表
, f% t6 f8 ^2 p# _4 T* w LOCATION, LOCATION , LOCATION,永远是对的。在买房子的首选问题就是LOCATION. 之前很长一段时间我上网看MLS上的房子,只要是差不多面积的房子无论在那个区价钱都差不多,那时我们一些朋友私下谈 ...
8 X4 Z* K  E* s8 U
:zhichi:
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-3-22 11:04 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 静夜的玫瑰 于 2007-9-12 12:33 发表
; d/ g: }* ]2 z. K LOCATION, LOCATION , LOCATION,永远是对的。在买房子的首选问题就是LOCATION. 之前很长一段时间我上网看MLS上的房子,只要是差不多面积的房子无论在那个区价钱都差不多,那时我们一些朋友私下谈 ...

- u' P4 y5 S0 j- A7 e: ?7 K& {$ v. h) v' R- w2 }5 p3 S' m
众所周知,东北区和Millwoods是爱城倒数的两个区,但是在06和07年的暴涨中,这两个区的涨幅超过南区和西区,所以实事无绝对,看购房者现实的需求就好。
6 u! p; p: T# f9 |% k" Q# O* O0 X9 ?  `  _/ @+ z! M
[ 本帖最后由 zhucalvin 于 2008-3-22 12:07 编辑 ]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-3-22 12:28 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-6 01:40 , Processed in 0.571712 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On, APC On.