买 ?? 卖 ??
. i5 L  {7 z4 x; |- P+ W
( m: l' c9 D( l6 p6 a* ?ZT: Cost of home ownership continues to rise: RBC
4 K7 j( x( H& r( V# T. k
/ M9 c8 s$ T5 g  q( vCanadian Press
7 L  y. N* j3 d- c  w2 d! _; F- L& O4 G" J% b
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
5 N, W4 X+ o* R  Z+ A) R
) E  k6 ^) K5 e( e/ \TORONTO — The cost of owning a home in Canada continued to climb in the second quarter as affordability in Western Canada showed the biggest change, according to a new report by the Royal Bank.; o' K% d0 `- H
0 m8 ]7 j4 I5 t, O$ O; F
Saskatchewan suffered its worst ever quarterly deterioration of affordability on record, according to the bank, as an influx of people caught the housing supply off guard.4 Z* M" L: Q; v* A9 b
9 F" {- [4 k' [9 d, M
“In the second quarter, Canada's housing affordability experienced one of the largest and most broadly based quarterly deteriorations since the mid-1990s,” said Derek Holt, assistant chief economist, RBC.! {+ s: m$ T9 ~$ F& y( V1 Y# `! [

. r& \3 R3 i0 i% [' A! q! c" _“Higher house prices, mortgage rates, utilities and property taxes all combined to drive the country-wide deterioration.”
1 G7 u' t( U) _4 J, j' Y' d% C, i9 Y6 b; G! D
The report measures the proportion of pre-tax household income needed to service the costs of owning a home. The higher the reading, the more costly it is to afford a home
4 E$ X1 D2 C. }! P- w9 {$ L, G* s+ n
The bank said a standard condo was the most affordable, requiring about 29 per cent of income compared with 27.5 per cent in the first quarter.
! B8 o( P( q4 i1 o$ C- z! M* U  K* A+ s' Y7 ~
A standard townhouse was next at 33 per cent, up from 31.5 per cent in the first quarter followed by a detached bungalow which increased from 39 per cent to 41 per cent in the second quarter.' [. X9 F1 [' k' D+ b( R5 z
1 o7 M! O2 q% Y; h* I2 `
A standard two-storey home was 46 per cent, up from 44 per cent in the first three months of the year.9 Z! N% x$ w  X" G$ h1 K
0 f8 x. H5 }6 t* e( B
Saskatchewan, Alberta and B.C. saw the biggest increase in costs in the quarter.' z! _9 O# ?4 A9 s
+ `4 H, `* ], g4 q' z2 b
Affordability fell about 20 per cent in Saskatchewan with no signs that prices were letting up yet, but the bank said the high prices were starting to weigh on demand.
2 O) g7 ~  _; K( G/ ^/ O" B' `: _# J) w' x5 j0 B/ P' O
Among Canada's largest cities, a detached bungalow in Vancouver was the most expensive with the proportion of pre-tax household income needed to own a home coming in at 71 per cent. Toronto and Calgary followed at 45 per cent, Montreal at 36 per cent and Ottawa at 31 per cent.7 C6 P/ b' x7 i# Q
5 F: @! p5 T. r9 h
“Market conditions in Vancouver have loosened up during the year, but conditions remain tilted in favour of a seller's market and are still supportive of fairly strong price gains,” the report said.
大型搬家
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-9-12 09:03 | 显示全部楼层
The prices of reasle homes are falling, how about new homes in Edmonton?
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-9-12 09:43 | 显示全部楼层
Cost of home ownership continues to rise,RENT WILL BE CONTINUING TO RISE AS A RESULT
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-3 19:16 , Processed in 0.066315 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.