注册
查看: 767|回复: 1

[时事热评] Nova Scotia发生大规模枪杀!

[复制链接]
鲜花(125) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2020-4-19 17:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!

$ W. N  \9 H% G. C4 @3 A! w
/ W# V  T+ b* [- m% fOne of the worst mass killings in Canadian history unfolded over 12 hours starting late Saturday night, as Gabriel Wortman, 51, a denturist in the Halifax area, murdered more than 10 people in a rampage through northern Nova Scotia, setting fires and shooting at police while dressed, terrifyingly, as an RCMP officer and driving a mocked up cruiser.
鲜花(1394) 鸡蛋(16)
发表于 2020-4-19 19:00 | 显示全部楼层
At least 16 people were killed during a gunman's bloody 12-hour rampage through several Nova Scotia communities, and police warn there may be more victims. : c0 q6 P0 P# _& X; V1 c

% W$ F- l% e) L: h$ k# T- q" }In an update on Sunday evening, RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki said police know of at least 16 victims, besides the shooter. She also confirmed the incident is not terror-related at this time.* r" ?& V- h" x) Z8 a$ M
! A* a7 L6 p* M
Nova Scotia RCMP said people were killed in several locations across the province, including a veteran RCMP officer.7 ], O" o1 I7 C% Z, Z
9 N* q. I/ L6 D% D* K4 c6 ?- I
Police said there may be more victims who have not been discovered yet and their investigation continues. - _. e& f+ K( A' h) q

7 X& w5 Q/ {+ d: T1 k7 @RCMP identified the gunman as Gabriel Wortman, 51. His rampage began late Saturday night in the small community of Portapique, N.S., about 40 kilometres west of Truro, N.S. He led police on a chase Sunday morning along one of the province's busiest highways.: R. G5 k. ?9 d# ]6 k* J* G' {

1 j+ n% H% b+ H& PThe chase ended near a gas station about 35 kilometres north of Halifax in Enfield, N.S., around 11:40 a.m. local time. Police confirmed Sunday evening that the gunman was dead.6 l* m, P0 \; b. U$ y. ^
7 g, B* Y$ I& f! H7 N
002.jpg , y$ ?# Y0 g" m0 z5 A5 ?, d
2 ^: u$ H7 I4 Z7 i9 a" ^
RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather said gunfire was exchanged between police and the suspect at at least one point.' R; f: n* p& A( C* A* h& |

9 `# ]+ L+ X2 O% k! e1 M- Y) HPolice watchdog investigating death of gunman. N' v6 @9 r  T4 |- }+ b

* x8 q( K' X4 {8 {9 z) mThe province's Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT) said Sunday evening it was investigating the shooting of a man in Enfield by RCMP officers." x# h" q2 B8 h- \5 e

# k, G. F$ o$ R# FAccording to a release, the suspect was involved in a serious criminal event in Shubenacadie, N.S.  A confrontation with police followed in Enfield, "resulting in officers discharging their firearms."9 j3 m8 J; X8 I- q. `0 R" _1 ^

6 M4 L! o9 R. G# `# Q5 s; f: nThe suspect was then found dead at the scene.9 {* J) G0 f7 N8 s

2 T8 P5 g  b1 Z6 i; Q1 v& G8 OThe police watchdog said it was contacted by RCMP and has assumed responsibility for the investigation of the suspect's shooting.
; {+ U6 l3 z/ z
8 b1 S2 n: u9 l" \' W# v+ ZThe organization is responsible for investigating all serious incidents involving police in Nova Scotia, whether or not there is an allegation of wrongdoing.
( \: X5 z" t) h7 z9 u5 ?2 C" Q4 K( A7 _: B
Motive turned to 'randomness'
4 I9 e8 L3 p0 a1 D% F# Z6 @/ k" \3 p7 [3 X3 {2 L  A
Lucki said she believed the shooter had an initial "motivation" at the beginning that "turned to randomness." 4 Z1 ?" p  ^/ w2 g* a: R
7 }7 c; n+ I0 g5 z2 x
"Our investigation will tell that. We don't know for sure, and we're going to have to do a lot of work on finding the motivation — a lot of background, a lot of profiling-type events and a lot of crime scene processing," she said." q& V! v) h7 q/ P
( B8 N; k' ?4 ]" b
The RCMP will also be calling on their subject-matter experts in forensics and criminal profiling, Lucki said.
/ M+ ^5 ~8 n! d- ]3 m
, H$ m/ ]* l& J"Whatever it takes so that we can give the families of the victims answers to the many questions that they probably have."
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-25 22:32 , Processed in 0.110845 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.