[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-8 22:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Follow Your Dream
6 W8 T7 `% F# k! A
/ l/ {1 Z5 Q, d% i1 `3 g" p! V
7 z$ M. ?8 m7 S8 w0 Y3 |
6 }/ F5 `9 o8 Z7 X7 bI have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro. $ n: Z4 R: V6 H6 b& G. ]
He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money ( k2 E- ?3 Q7 \
for youth at risk programs.
) `! r: o! p) H) D1 v( n" _/ {+ O4 k, \& Y
The last time I was there he introduced me by saying, 'I want to tell you
4 \- h% [; B# ~7 p* I" w. qwhy I let Jack use my house. It all goes back to a story about a young
6 o, ]1 `( J9 u$ r8 @3 nman who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable 0 @+ }6 e* x% Q+ t5 t
to stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training 7 x. |1 P- d: l/ i
horses. As a result, the boy's high school career was continually interrupted.
. ?' c4 L5 E/ d1 Y1 cWhen he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted
* Y! B) h. k6 _6 A3 \to be and do when he grew up.
0 B+ U4 E8 p$ T/ L4 q! t3 f- E
'That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday ' r! `9 z2 t/ }: z
owning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even
/ C5 Y0 s5 Z* w& k; Qdrew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings, % j  z+ f1 l5 p
the stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot . ~" ?' K, j2 X3 r: ?% E8 p8 F
house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch. , ^7 m1 w. \5 U; ]8 H, e3 k9 n
7 M( A; z$ ^) A3 t7 W
'He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he 0 b0 o3 R% j5 Y- u0 X
handed it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back.
( n% k/ s* u( [3 V: b+ hOn the front page was a large red F with a note that read, `See me after # `1 H+ _7 _0 [+ ]' x
class.'   d9 ^# I3 [4 Z2 Z

# y' F1 E5 y- m( l* n2 d4 Z0 u, X'The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked,
+ ]. u' z: ~+ `  O+ {`Why did I receive an F?'   ~* j; {) L; a
  C7 R$ g: j$ G2 G3 ~
'The teacher said, `This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you. . T. }  _, s. y; _
You have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources. 7 t- \9 s; J2 `( G& B" w
Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land. " M9 ~* O, }1 n$ g
You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you'll have to
; ]" `2 _4 q, D! U( k+ g, Y/ ipay large stud fees. There's no way you could ever do it.’ Then the teacher
" K  \' d) I+ sadded, `If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will 4 \; K2 d, o' f( F* F7 Z
reconsider your grade.’ ' ~3 k, V- {5 f6 a

7 K2 Q+ I6 R) Z6 p'The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father
6 s" b, S9 |+ p7 X9 cwhat he should do. His father said, `Look, son, you have to make up your ) V1 v$ s4 U  K$ W. o- w
own mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for % d# O' H& j4 K+ ]2 T! |
you.’
; ]6 A* o- ?8 l/ a- a) T& Y
: R  s* z( G) t* r; d: \3 I'Finally, after sitting with it for a week, the boy turned in the same ) r& _1 K. l9 m0 J- i7 S3 R
paper, making no changes at all. He stated, `You can keep the F and I'll
- s' `9 K  @/ i6 N' Qkeep my dream.''
" J; `6 P( o+ D, g* j! _* D  Y
% z. [0 g1 v: X: ]$ v" l: c9 b+ [Monty then turned to the assembled group and said, 'I tell you this story * a2 J7 Y1 ]% @, v- n. ^1 Y: z
because you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of
  ~2 I2 [  @1 [8 Amy 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the
8 w% c" q  S1 o( S9 L8 R  t( _/ X$ ufireplace.' He added, 'The best part of the story is that two summers ago ' M) ^7 p! K4 D8 L( M
that same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week.'
& ^& `% C0 X0 ^" \When the teacher was leaving, he said, `Look, Monty, I can tell you this & k# J! }3 J  _( v: `+ X
now. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During ) l9 f& x& U! k. Z
those years I stole a lot of kids’ dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption
4 H8 h. p9 J" l: C( ]$ V" Ynot to give up on yours.’'
& `' n% l  x7 {" M6 o- t3 r" H  C& W; Z% i6 t, A& c
Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-10 12:40 | 显示全部楼层

啧啧,真是理想主义者

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
Fine
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-19 00:17 , Processed in 0.105745 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.