找回密码
 注册
查看: 4211|回复: 1

Cold War

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-27 22:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I would like to take this chance to talk about the issues of how to make a last and profound conversation with locals since some friends have complained that they only have the ability to do the short talks with co-workers or strangers. I call the short talk the Cold War, meaning it is a long last personal struggle or an impossible mission. I still remember I have encountered few embarrass seniors few years ago, but things are getting better year after year. Since this summer, I start to feel very comfortable as I chat with people I met every day. For example, I need to find some info around the place I just moved in. While I was driving around the blocks this afternoon, I saw a good lady was mending her yard. She was the only person I can find, so I decided to talk to this lady. I parked the car and greeted to her. I asked her about the neighborhood such as banks, supermarkets and so on. She answered me with her best capability. Then she invited me to her condo to have a little chat. She wrote down some of the contact names and the numbers of her friends in case I need more help and told me about few neighbor’s stories. At the end, I got plenty of information than I intended to. It all came very natural and our conversation was quite enjoyable.
( s1 A( L! d) }( R  z/ J; A; D0 ^
. f' b( S. }  a# s4 jSo here are some of self-made rules which have worked well for me.0 y+ h2 X  Z, y) s) v0 `

" Y) n) d& _. G( N; W$ G! \Every morning, practice the chat and image that you are both A and B actors or actresses:& A" }0 L; \# b4 r8 y
: |$ `: x4 u# o6 k$ n
Day 1: Good morning, Sandra (You)* e, \6 r5 ]" }5 P7 ?9 F
            Good morning, Ming. How are you? (Co-worker)
: q  u% U6 j; z# g% g            I am fine, thanks!       (You)/ \0 K/ P4 }' J
) K% c1 S9 g& z
Day 2: Repeat  Day 1 (You)
" [0 }) O" N7 K4 N9 ~7 s# r            Repeat  Day 1 (Co-worker)7 P% f- Q5 l, t4 \
            I am fine, and how are you. (You)1 ]5 s' g' U% ]5 t: b
            Not too bad, I like your shirt; it looks gorgers (Co-Worker)
8 o: l1 _6 S$ p# w            Thanks, I bought it from China last summer. (You)
9 _% M% e9 @& B, R3 w5 _; x$ X7 z4 E. w8 U0 v* `
Day 3: Repeat
9 G: K& C  o' H9 O            Repeat; Q( Z6 Q% l: a9 Q6 N; Q
            Repeat3 N. |8 y' A# z+ C( Y8 G
            I could not be better, Thank god it is Friday. (Co-worker)/ ?! P7 @3 ]! O) B  m
            Finally, so do you have plan for the weekend? (You)
9 H* m: e8 h2 ~) t$ r+ {" k            Oh, ya, I am going to visit my mother-in-law even I hates her, but my husband will make me to see her. (Co-worker)( l4 }$ j4 o* V7 W+ [
           Poor you, oh, I wish you have a good weekend, and come back with a good mood. You know what I mean. (You)
9 a: t8 d# a3 `$ A. W' q
- z. @/ T- \8 v3 o( H3 bNext Monday: Repeat
1 E: E2 @' J% F. R; p                        Repeat3 j. l4 `% J" O% r, k) g
                        How was your weekend? (You): C7 ^2 b1 K, i8 F, v/ t# D2 R
                        Not bad. My mother-in-law was so tolerable this time, and she made a big super. So we all sit outside and enjoyed the beautiful day with family. (Co-worker)
" W& Q8 O5 m& {( Z3 @3 ^2 [                        Is that right? Where does your mother-in-law live? (You)
( }/ o( p4 Z0 o  n4 y                        Pigeon Lake. It was packed on the weekend. (Co-worker)' r0 D0 S* C/ U
                        Oh, Pigeon Lake, I have been there once and we caught some good fish.
+ X4 g; W; w. p+ u8 V% n1 a9 c                        Really, I don’t know you like fishing, may be you should come with me next time.) t7 z2 f* }/ x8 G) r8 ~0 J3 `
                        Great idea and I will
/ {+ {: i. B* u) ~) Q                        Bla—Bla—Bla# X- S0 ~. D* \- @7 N+ I* w
                        Then you see the boss walking by5 d5 F4 N5 v) V- }7 z  Q
                         It is time to stop.
8 i+ J- t1 G/ k& a0 J- d# z                     
8 ~3 z' i/ L% d8 o
/ }1 d6 \3 k6 oThe above mentioned examples are under daily small talks or gossip category.  The serious business conversation will be with another topic.0 ~3 l" n( \7 x; E4 g: B
And I advise everyone should find the way that works best for her/him.3 q/ y) o# S& W' n# J

0 f& u" s& I2 \0 D, n* ?' F[ 本帖最后由 Matrix 于 2008-8-27 23:47 编辑 ]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-8-27 23:32 | 显示全部楼层
Excellent! and some flowers for you to show my great appreciation.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-26 00:57 , Processed in 0.082687 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.